Saturday, April 28, 2012

EXERCISE

If you have a bad heart or a propensity for fainting spells you may want to sit down for this….I, my friends, do not like to exercise. 
I KNOW!
Who would have guessed, when I look at the image below I don’t laugh as much as wonder where I can get me one of those.

We decided to get  a large dog in hopes that she would motivate us to start moving. Unfortunately she seems to be lazier than we are:






I am not opposed to movement per say. I enjoy hikes and a walk once I am on them… just getting the drive to go on them is where I tend to fail.  Plus my body is self sabotaging and after a graceful trip (aka fell on my face) last August my left ankle is pretty sore.  Don’t worry, I just got insurance so I am going to get this checked out.
Then this tax season my lovely wife begged for the 100th time to get a home elliptical machine. I had images of a large, ugly, awkward clothing rack hanging out in our family room but eventually obliged as after years of her dealing with my random wants and need (by the way honey, I told you I would use my Star Trek Enterprise pizza cutter ALL THE TIME), it was time for her to get something she really wanted.
Initially I was doing pretty good and was on it 2-4 times a week.  I finally decided to increase the resistance and incline by .5 and my ankle resisted.  Last night was the first time I was on it for a few weeks and I am feeling good that I can get my exercise mojo going again.
Do you want to know what the BEST workout distraction is? Seriously, 30 minutes goes by so fast you don’t know what hit you.  Romance audio book novels. I kid you not my friends, get me going on a good romance story and I bam I am done!!  (Bad Side Effect: May causing yelling at children when they interrupt you for the 100th time during the good parts).  If you are interested, leave me a comment and I will send you some of my favorites.   
My work is having a Walk-On competition in the month of May.  We are split into divisions and each person who wants to participate is giving a pedometer.  Each week our number of steps are logged and the division with the most steps wins. Since winning the last competition I am super motivated.  I think I may need to find some walking trails.
Now for something completely different:

No comments:

Post a Comment