Wednesday, May 30, 2012

FOOD

Our work is always trying new things to keep us motivated to stay healthy.  This month we are having a throw down between two departments to see who can come out with the yummiest and healthy foods in three categories: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dessert.   While I have no baking skills what so ever, I had the brilliant idea to sign up for the dessert section.  It didn’t take me long to figure out my mistake and I quickly rummaged through the few desserts I can actually make without having guests flee the house. 
Up came my recipe for Pumpkin Scones.  It meet all the calorie/fat/sugar/sodium requirements (though just barely) so I am excited to see how it rates against the competition. If I win, I will post to recipe for you all. If not…we never had this conversation.
I know I have talked about this a ton, but I am still inwardly thrilled about the change in my eating habits.  I use to eat ALL THE TIME. Even if things didn’t taste that good, I would eat it all.  At parties and events I would stalk the food table and would eat the ENTIRE event. 
Now it is completely different. My Little Sister had her birthday on Saturday and had a huge party at her friend’s house. There was so much food to meet everyone’s palate and pre WW I would have been all over it like white on rice.  This time around was so different. Since my mom and older sister don’t like to party like my little sister does, they came early and I had a small dinner with them.  Then I avoided the food table most of the night.  Only after playing the initiation round of the new Battle Shots table, a friend brought me a plate with some more potatoes so the ratio to food/liquor in my stomach was even.
Not 100% complete but we were able to rig it to make it playable for the party. Unfortunatley we lost :-(
The most amazing thing about the whole evening was that it wasn’t like I was craving to eat but not allowing myself, I didn’t think about food AT ALL.  Food isn’t on my mind 24/7 anymore. The only time I craved something is when they started serving the cookie monster birthday cupcakes (was going to post a picture of the cake, but while looking up images on my phone I realized people added inappropriate additions to the cupcake, lol.)  I have a pretty solid sweet tooth and was tempted but then I overheard someone say that while the cake was good, the frosting was two sweet. Just hearing that it wasn’t perfection was enough to turn the craving off.  WEIRD, I KNOW!!
What is the biggest change you have seen in your eating habits since started your weight loss journey?


1 comment:

  1. That's a good feeling! Take that power back, baby!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete